Last night I moved an asterisk install from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1, and also upgraded addons.
One of the issues that wasn’t mentioned anywhere noticable, but was found (in french.. ) was the extconfig.conf change.
The log was flooding with error messages:
[DecÂ 7 00:57:27] WARNING res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Invalid database specified: asteriskrealtime (check res_mysql.conf)
Of course, the database DID exist, and the database connection was fine. I tested and couldn’t find any obvious cause.
So, I googled and found a french forum, and found the problem, in extconfig.conf, the sip peers and sip users entries (and any other relevant entries), need to have the database name changed to ‘general’ instead of ‘asteriskrealtime’ (or whatever you use).
The problem was due to ‘upgrading’ – a new install of addons, and make samples shows the config file has help text!
One Response to Asterisk VoIP 1.6.11 Addons Issue